Join Our Team of Medical Volunteers
Are you trained in pediatric cardiac care? Are you a bio-med engineer who wants to be a part of something? We are always looking for medical professionals to join our team! Doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, perfusionists, OR techs, and the like – we want to meet you.
Our volunteers come from over 70 medical institutions throughout the US and 7 countries. You can choose to travel with Heart Care International or help us from your own home, joining video tele-conferences with doctors from developing countries in need of a medical consult.
Volunteer for one or both roles, whichever best fits your schedule!
To join our medical team:
- FIRST: Complete and submit the short contact form below. Be as specific as possible in the specialty section; if applicable, include the unit in which you work.
NEXT: Follow the application and liability release form links below; then email the required supporting documents and application (separate PDFs for each, sent in one email) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com:
- Notarized liability release (mail original to the office address below; everything else can be scanned/emailed as PDFs)
- Completed online volunteer application
- Most current, updated CV
- Medical, nursing, or professional license (must have a minimum of 6 months prior to expiration); NOTE: this cannot be an email verification form, it needs to be the actual license
- Copy of your medical/nursing diploma
- Color copy of the photo and signature pages of your passport; NOTE: must be signed, scanned (ie not photographed) AND must not expire before 180 days from trip return date (ie a full 6 months)
- Copy of your COVID-19 immunization card, including dates and doses received (must include one booster shot – requirement of all our host hospitals)
NOTE: All traveling team members MUST be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19 to comply with our host hospital requirements. No exceptions to this for our traveling team members. [If you choose to not get vaccinated and boosted, you are still welcome to join the HCI team as a non-traveling member.]
A SPECIAL NOTE TO NURSES: A minimum of 3 years of pediatric cardiovascular ICU experience is required to join the traveling team.
Once all steps are completed, you will be contacted by one of the HCI Team Captains for a Zoom conversation. NOTE: If you are invited to join a trip, you will be asked to pay the annual $250 team dues.
We appreciate your interest in Heart Care International and look forward to meeting you!
Please enter your information below: